🌏한줄 인사이트🌏
DRC수출쿼터제 도입 후 글랜코어에 이은 두번째 수출 준비사 CMOC도 수출 시스템 테스트가 필요할것이며, 얼마의 물량이 어느 시점에 시장에 풀려 공급과 가격에 영향을 줄지 지켜봐야한다.
===========================
출처 : Mining.com (2025.12.22.)

Democratic Republic of Congo has begun collecting samples in preparation for Chinese company CMOC’s first cobalt shipment under a new quota system, expected to take place in the coming days, two government sources told Reuters.
Congo accounts for more than 70% of global mined cobalt production that is estimated by analysts at around 280,000 metric tons this year. But a months-long export ban has driven cobalt prices sharply higher and squeezed availability of the metal needed for electric vehicles.
The new system, launched on October 16, has allocated a quota of 18,125 metric tons for the fourth quarter and will cap annual exports at 96,600 tons from 2026.
Reuters reported this month that Glencore would be the first miner to export cobalt under the new quotas, sending a small initial shipment to test the system.
CMOC and Glencore, the world’s two largest cobalt-producing companies, received the largest allocations. CMOC’s quota for the fourth quarter is 6,650 tons and Glencore’s 3,925 tons.
The two government sources did not disclose the volume or exact timing of the first shipment by CMOC’s Tenke Fungurume Mining.
A source at Tenke Fungurume Mining confirmed sampling had begun but said shipment was not likely until January. The source said it would be a small shipment under the 2025 quota.
Like Glencore, CMOC will pay a 10% royalty, the Congolese government sources said.
“We are currently at the site visit stage to collect samples and facilitate sampling before moving on to the next step,” one of the sources said, adding that CMOC’s export request had already been submitted.
The sample results “arrive in three or four days… then loading begins”, the source said.
CMOC spokesperson Vincent Zhou said on Monday that CMOC has “already implemented a range of export arrangements in accordance with the procedures of the Congolese government,” without elaborating.
Reuters previously reported that the country’s mining lobby called for urgent talks to clarify legal ambiguities and compliance hurdles.
It said the new requirements – including a 10% royalty prepayment within 48 hours and a compliance certificate before any cargo moves – could delay exports and disrupt global battery supply chains.
Representatives of Congo’s Chamber of Mines and the mining ministry met at the end of last week in Kinshasa to discuss the concerns, according to two attendees who said there was not much progress.
'배터리🔋' 카테고리의 다른 글
| [셀] LG에너지솔루션, 혼다 합작 배터리 공장 '건물' 매각키로 (1) | 2025.12.25 |
|---|---|
| [셀] Agratas 배터리 셀 공장, 장비 발주 시작 (1) | 2025.12.24 |
| [니켈] 인니, 니켈 시세 상승을 위한 ‘26년 생산량 감축 가능성(’25년 대비 -34%) (0) | 2025.12.19 |
| [셀] 배터리3사 북미사업 ‘새판짜기’…단독공장·ESS 전환 가속 (1) | 2025.12.17 |
| [양극재] 포스코퓨처엠, 포항에 LFP 양극재 공장 신설…ESS 시장 대응(연산 5만톤) (0) | 2025.12.17 |